Jess, Gayle, and their friends
Jess and her mother, Gayle, have done a wonderful thing for me. They pulled together a group of friends to send me handwritten cards through the mail.
The sending of cards and letters has gone by the wayside for many of us. I admit that I, too, have taken the easy way out over the years by using email, text, and phone calls.
Whenever I get bad news about the cancer (which seems to happen with some consistency and regularity), it is one of the most depressing times I go through. It wouldn't be so bad if there were intervals of good or positive news to break it up. Maybe, just maybe, the cancer didn't spread so quickly or so far. Maybe, just maybe, whatever chemo I was trying seemed to work for 6 months or longer. And, maybe, just maybe, "they" found a miracle cure for people like me.
A few weeks ago, while going through a rough patch, Jess and Gayle offered to have her prayer group send me cards and notes to cheer me up, to wish me luck, and to send me positive thoughts and energy. Who could refuse such a kind offer?
Since then, it has been a true pleasure and a "surprise" of the day to get cards and letters from people I have not met yet. Maybe, one day, when the cancer takes a nice, long break far away from me, we will get together so that I can thank these wonderful people in person.
Jess and Gayle also made me a beautiful prayer shawl which they dropped off outside my front door. It is soft and pretty and handmade. Kind, kind people.
So, a huge "Thank You" to all of you who have taken the time to think of me, pray for me, wish me luck, and send me notes and cards. They are all much appreciated and one day, I hope to thank you in person.
With lots of appreciation and love,
Sylvia
The sending of cards and letters has gone by the wayside for many of us. I admit that I, too, have taken the easy way out over the years by using email, text, and phone calls.
Whenever I get bad news about the cancer (which seems to happen with some consistency and regularity), it is one of the most depressing times I go through. It wouldn't be so bad if there were intervals of good or positive news to break it up. Maybe, just maybe, the cancer didn't spread so quickly or so far. Maybe, just maybe, whatever chemo I was trying seemed to work for 6 months or longer. And, maybe, just maybe, "they" found a miracle cure for people like me.
A few weeks ago, while going through a rough patch, Jess and Gayle offered to have her prayer group send me cards and notes to cheer me up, to wish me luck, and to send me positive thoughts and energy. Who could refuse such a kind offer?
Since then, it has been a true pleasure and a "surprise" of the day to get cards and letters from people I have not met yet. Maybe, one day, when the cancer takes a nice, long break far away from me, we will get together so that I can thank these wonderful people in person.
Jess and Gayle also made me a beautiful prayer shawl which they dropped off outside my front door. It is soft and pretty and handmade. Kind, kind people.
So, a huge "Thank You" to all of you who have taken the time to think of me, pray for me, wish me luck, and send me notes and cards. They are all much appreciated and one day, I hope to thank you in person.
With lots of appreciation and love,
Sylvia
Comments
Post a Comment